生活口语
您的位置 首页学习资料生活口语

对话10

作者: NYTALK管理者 点击:528 难度:中级
Dialogue 10

E: I don't know what to do about the people who live in the flat above me!
   我不知道能拿住在我楼上的人怎么办。
A: Why? What are they like?
    为什么?他们怎么样?

E: They're incredibly selfish. They 're always up until the wee hours of the night playing their music so 
    loudly that I have to wear earplugs in order to fall asleep!
    他们惊人的自私。他们总是在三更半夜起来大声玩音乐,弄得我不得不戴着耳塞才能入睡。
A: Have you ever talked to them about it?
    你曾经跟他们谈过此事吗?

E: I tried to introduce myself to them when they moved in, but they were so arrogant that I didn't want 
   to ever talk to them again!
   他们搬进来的时候,我试着向他们介绍过我自己,但是他们太傲慢了所以我就再也没有想过要跟他们说话。
A: What did they say?
    他们说过什么?
 
E: They both just talk about how great they are all the time.
    他们俩只是一个劲一直说他们多么棒。
A: They sound like the neighbours from hell!
    听上去这邻居很差劲。

E: They are! Besides being loud and arrogant, they're also terrible gossips. They're always talking about 
   everybody else in the apartment.
   他们是很差劲。除了大声说话和傲慢之外,他们还特别喜欢说人闲话,他们总是谈论公寓里其他人。
A: I thought you didn't talk to them much.
   
我原以为你没有多跟他们交谈过。

E: I don't, but they talk so loudly that I can hear what they're talking about from my bedroom - and 
   it's not very nice.
   我是没跟他们交谈过,但是他们说话声音太大所以我在我的卧室里都能听到他们说的话,这不太让人舒服。
A: What do the other people in your apartment think about them?
    你公寓里的其他人怎么看待这些人?

E: Most of my other neighbours are scared of them.
    我的大多数邻居害怕他们。
A: Maybe you should think about moving.
    也许你该考虑搬家了。

E: I can't afford to move right now.
    现在我没钱搬家。
A: Well, perhaps you should have a party and try to get to know them better. Maybe once you get to know
    them, they'll turn out to be more sensitive.
    哦,也许你该开个聚会然后尽量去多了解他们。也许你一了解了他们,他们就会更善解人意了。

E: I think you're being a bit optimistic. If you met them, you'd understand.
   我认为你有点乐观了。如果你见到他们,你就明白了。
A: Well, I don't know what else you could do then. Do you think bribing them with chocolate would work?
    哦,那么我不知道你还能做点什么别的。你认为给他们送巧克力有用吗?